POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Direct Ray Tracing of Displacement Mapped Triangles : Direct Ray Tracing of Displacement Mapped Triangles Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:06:39 EDT (-0400)
  Direct Ray Tracing of Displacement Mapped Triangles
From: Simon Adameit
Date: 18 Apr 2003 18:44:59
Message: <3ea07feb@news.povray.org>
I just read this paper and found it to be very interesting as this could
perhaps be implemented in POV:

http://www.cs.utah.edu/~bes/papers/height/

I also found some other papers anout this topic but they described
either something like isosurfaces or required things that are surely not
going to be implemented in POV like memory coherent raytracing.